Retrofit floating wetlands existing assets
AKS’ Floating Treatment Media provides a cost effective water treatment solution. As a retrofit floating wetlands upgrade, there is no need for costly land acquisition, buildings or expert operators.
If an oxidation pond, lake or stream is not meeting water quality standards, rather than building a new one, the SPEL Waterclean can be added straight on to existing assets.
It’s a relatively straightforward procedure, AKS Industries can design a customised water treatment solution for your next project.
A biological water treatment saves money and time
Floating wetlands have low operating and maintenance costs with no operational energy costs whatsoever compared to other systems.
For example, AKS Industries installed a biological water treatment on a client’s anaerobic pond to eliminate odour. It was a 100% success, with the client achieving an annual energy cost saving of over $150,000.
Floating wetlands are hardy and fast. Establishing a biological water treatment plant can take under a year for stormwater projects and less for wastewater projects.
Proven effective performance
Utilising naturally occurring biological processes in the treatment of water makes retarding basins highly effective. Taking advantage of naturally occurring microbes and the symbiotic relationships is unsurpassed as a water cleaning system.
In rigorous scientific studies, AKS Industries’ media consistently performed to a far higher standard than required by New Zealand’s water treatment standards.
Floating wetlands design flexibility
Floating Treatment Media presents options that traditional water treatment systems don’t. There isn’t a water treatment system that is so easily adapted to a wide range of applications.
AKS Industries floating wetlands system can:
- Fit into any existing space or water body shape
- Operate in extreme climatic and environmental conditions
- Easily adjustable to remove particular pollutants to suit the application
- Work without problems on a fluctuating water level
- Increase retention time for treatment manipulation
- Modular properties allow projects to be staged over multiple seasons.
Zero land use
Where other water treatment systems’ demands outgrow their facilities, this floating wetland system eliminates the need for further land acquisition.
- In areas where irrigation schemes are used to dispose of treated water, the efficiency the AKS floating wetlands system in reducing nutrients in treated water means less land is required for disposal fields.
- An AKS floating wetland was retrofitted to an existing pond at a local authority. This meant the client could avoid buying land and constructing an alternative wetland system
[could this be a case study, do we have pics? Can you say where, with pics and links? good for SEO]
Not only does the Floating Treatment Media require zero land use, other environmental benefits include:
- No power required to operate
- No refined products means no manufacturing process
- Provides habitat for aquatic animals, fauna and bird life
- Plants are from eco-sourced seeds that harmonise with the natural vegetation
- The treatment process satisfies stringent water quality consent requirements and reduces or eliminates the need for chemical dosing.
Often described as a floating garden, floating wetlands enhance the natural environment rather than impacting upon it.
Biological water treatment has never been so easy. Talk to an AKS Industries sales consultant about your plans for floating wetlands for your next project anywhere in Victoria. [link to quote]
Take a look at the technical specifications of SPEL Waterclean Stormwater, SPEL Waterclean Wastewater and SPEL Waterclean Pondcover.
Full Packaged Solutions
The AKS team are ready to work with you on your project, whether you are a consultant, developer, contractor or regulator we can design around your needs and deliver the project.
We can take on all projects from Greenfield Wastewater Treatment Plant design and construct through to retrofitting your existing lake or dam to eliminate algal blooms.
Working alongside your Consultant
Many of our clients have contractors and engineers that they’ve worked with for a long time, these are people that they trust and who understand their needs extremely well. We understand that there is a lot of value in that professional relationship.
AKS Industries work in the way that suits our customer best.